The San Mateo County History Museum (Redwood City, CA) is in the process of creating a new permanent exhibit, Living the California Dream, that explores architecture and the suburban lifestyle in San Mateo County from 1850-1970. Part of the exhibit is on the large residential developments of the post-World War II era. The History Museum would like to include images of Eichler homes in San Mateo County in this part of the exhibit. We are looking for a couple of different types of images.
For the main graphic panel, we are searching for:
1. A picture of the exterior of an Eichler house in San Mateo County, taken in the 1950s or 1960s.
2. Blueprints of an Eichler home.
There will also be a scrapbook in this area featuring different families who came to San Mateo County in the post-war period. A different family will be on each page of the scrapbook. We would like to include a family living in an Eichler house in San Mateo, Redwood City, Menlo Park, Burlingame, or Hillsborough. For a family, we would need 4 -5 pictures taken in the 1950s or 1960s. The pictures could include:
1. A picture of the family
2. A picture of the exterior or interior of the house
3. A picture of family members inside the house -- relaxing, cooking, enjoying a party...
4. A picture of family members enjoying the backyard
Please contact me if you have images that could appear in this exhibit. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
San Mateo County History Museum