This is an official "Call for Participation" for the upcoming Mondo Lounge Atomic Frolic.
Mondo Lounge is the Ultimate Retro Party and Conference. The event is themed around the lifestyle and culture of America from 1957 to 1963 & will bring together fans of Retro Fashion, Tiki, Exotica Music, Car Culture, Bachelor Pad Living, Pin-Ups, Swing Scene, Vintage Las Vegas Rat Pack era.
If you are a band, entertainer, educator/speaker, vendor, sponsor, etc. please contact me regarding participation at this event.
Why am I posting this on Eichler Network you might ask?
Because 1) this event is to raise awareness and funds to seed a new Las Vegas Modern Committe and 2) part of the event is going to include a Mid Century Modern architecture tour that will include a couple of MidMod homes. That got you interested? Hope so!
Now who wouldn't want to come to Vegas to support a good cause and hang out with other Modern loving freinds? See you there?
just to keep you up to date on this not-to-be-missed event...
YOU REALLY DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON THIS EVENT - you want to tell your friends - "yah - sure I was at the FIRST Mondo Lounge Atomic Frolic! It was awesome. We dressed up retro, had cocktails, saw some really cool architecture, met some new close friends ;) and had the weekend of our life! ALL in the name of a good cause!
* The Martini Kings
* Mark Torch of the Hollywood Combo
* Liberace Tribute Artist Wes Winters
* Cherry Capri
* Atomic Lounge Show
* Project: Pimento
* Robert Ensler as Dean Martin and Bobby Darin
* Derek Stroh
* Tiki Farm (Tiki Mugs and More)
* Hollywood Book and Poster
* Falling Cocos (Retro Pop Graphics)
* Mr. Swanky's (Vintage Styled clothes)
* Diva Pinups (New Hair Accessories)
* Cinema Collectors (Vintage Photos and Ephemera)
* Allyn Scura (New & Vintage Eyeware)
* Bartiki (Barstuff & Tikistuff)
* Coquette Faux Furriers (Fun Fake Furs)
* Suzanna Anna (Modern Mosaics and Sculpture)
* Hep Cat Pinups (Kustom tshirts, lunch boxes, magnets and more)
* Go Go Amy (Pin-Up insired merchandise)
* Lucky Loo Loo (Pin-Up Jewelry)
* Artistic Sculpting by Pratan Pimsuparp & James Luff
Special Guest Speakers and Presenters
* Best selling author of Brini Maxwell's Guide to Gracious Living, Style Network Star and NPR podcaster
* Michelle Baldwin author of "Burlesque AS It Was"
* Mike Weatherford author of "Cult Vegas" and "The Stardust of Yesterday"
* Nathan Marsak, author of “Los Angeles Neon,
* Eric Lynxwiler, co-author of the seminal work "Wilshire Boulevard"
* Jason Croft, producer of Java "Java's Bachelor Pad" and "Java's Bachelor Pad After Dark"
* Smee - advance preview of the Shag documentary "Sophisticated Misfits"
* Cinescopes! Matchmakers who set up people based on their top ten favorite films!
* Hosts and Hostesses Gigi Valient, Kay O' Hara and Maxwell De Mille!
World Class Burlesque:
* Former Miss Exotic World - Kitten DeVille!
* Former Miss Exotic World - Erochica Bamboo!
* Nymphet of Burlesque - Lolita Haze!
* Burlesque Sensation - Mia Vixen!
* Kalani Kokonuts - Polynesian Princess
* Go Go Amy
* Vivienne VaVoom
* Bettina May
DJs from across the country:
* Senor Amor (Hollywood)
* Jay Strongman (London)
* Lee Joseph - Dionysus Records (Los Angeles)
* 2nd Life Entertainment (Las Vegas)
* DJs Mardou & Leo (Culver City)
* Cocktail Hour Music (Seattle)
* Phofo! (New York)
* K-Billy (L.B.C.)
* DJ Drew Grove (Portland)
* Java! (Champaign, IL)
* Ivy L'Vine, Lilly LaBotomy, Lucy Luscious, Maria Mercury, Miss Minna, Roxy Rouge, Susi, Sweetie Pie, Tana the Tattooed Lady, Vita Vixen, Vivian Bea
* Las Vegas Modern Architecture Tour
* Best Dressed Fez Contest
* Friday Night Pajama Party
* BeatNick Poetry Hour
* Exotica Jam Session
* TFP Time - Camera Club
* Saturday Night Black Tie Optional!
* M Modern Gallery
* Stirring Cocktail Mixers
* Hollywood Book and Poster
* SugarKitty Corsets
* Classic Las Vegas
* Federal Edge
* Sin City Modern Real Estate
GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!
$10 off until January 1, 2007
the tour is almost wrapped up. just a little more proofing and getting ready for press.
there will be 2 mid century modern homes open on it.
and here's the final Vendor List
Falling Cocos (Retro Pop Graphics)
Diva Pinups (New Hair Accessories)
Cinema Collectors (Vintage Photos and Ephemera)
Allyn Scura (New & Vintage Eyeware)
Bartiki (Barstuff & Tikistuff)
Coquette Faux Furriers (Fun Fake Furs)
Suzanna Anna (Modern Mosaics and Sculpture)
Hep Cat Pinups (Kustom tshirts, lunch boxes, magnets and more)
Go Go Amy (Pin-Up insired merchandise)
Lucky Loo Loo (Pin-Up Jewelry)
Donnaland Vintage Variety (Deadstock vintage clothing from St Louis, Missouri)
Genevieve Designs (Vintage inspired handbags from retro and vintage fabrics)
Lampshade Lounge (Retro Lamps, shades and housewares)
Velvet Glass (Tiki/retro/burlesque themed mosaics and accessories)
Atomic Vegas (Vintage Apparel)
MidMod Mondo! (General Vintage flotsam and jetsum)
La Bomba Vintage (men's suits, tuxedos, fedoras, and somes women's clothing , fedoras, and accessories)
Hollywood Book and Poster (Classic Film Ephemera)
Tygerjymmy (Custom Salt Water Fish Mounts! and tiki art)
Badland Beads "(Beaded jewelry with inspirations from Judy Jetson to Morticia Adams)
Swampfire Lounge (Tiki and retro house furnishings)
FezOrama (fine fezzes, jackets, and more)