Forum HomeCA-Modern ForumsHome Maintenance Hotline › Radiant heating control rusted

Radiant heating control rusted

1 reply [Last post]
Joined: Mar 1 2011

I would like to increase the water flow in the bedroom area but the screws (original system) are completed rusted and can not move. Any advices? Is there a way to replace the old system?



Joined: Dec 19 2010

Besides recommending extreme caution, I can also recommend Wurth Rostoff Extra as a much better version of WD40 or PB Blaster.  Sold only online or at specialty stores.

I'm sure the valves can be replaced, but it should be done by a pro with the proper silver soldering tools (ie not your basic plumbing kit).  I'm an avid DIYer but I'd call in a pro for this.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.