Forum HomeCA-Modern ForumsGrab Bag Central › Solvent + static electricity = Eichler fire?

Solvent + static electricity = Eichler fire?

1 reply [Last post]
Offline
Joined: Nov 14 2008

My heart goes out to the worker who was burned and to the family who lost their Eichler home in Palo Alto on December 16, 2008. http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/show_story.php?id=10434

A worker was using solvent on the walls and the spark was reportedly caused by rubbing. The solvent also acted as an accelerator for the flames. So terrible and sad!

I see a couple of other discussions here regarding fires. Has anyone here addressed this issue proactively in your Eichler? If so, how?

Offline
Joined: Nov 14 2008

Update: The worker who was burned was released from the hospital and will make a full recovery.

While the family was not home during the fire, most of their possessions which were stored in the garage were destroyed. A family friend is collecting donations for them.

More: http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_11360524

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.