I'm putting in new closet doors, and will give away to anyone who will come get them 8 original Eichler closet sliding doors (and the hard-to-find runners they slide on).
If you're interested, leave me some way to contact you.
Hi, I"m interested in hearing more about your closet doors. We're in the process of refinishing/reassembling ours but are only half done and would be happy to pick up originals if they suit.
The closet doors vary in size, color, and backing material between tracts. What I or anyone else would need to know:
- what size are the doors (height by width)
- are they metal frame or wood
- are they still the original finish (if so, what color) or have they been painted
- what is the backing (part behind the frame), is it stained mahogany, grasscloth, or speckled (zolatone)
- can you tell if they have been shorted (to accomodate new flooring/carpet)
Knowing what tract you are in might also be helpful. Looking forward to hearing more. Of course, if you have pictures, that would be great to.
You can email me at eichfan at rawbw.com
My husband & I are interested in the doors as well. We are desperately looking for 2 doors ~ 31"" wide and 94"" tall for the Eichler we just purchased.
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I'm building new doors, and I don't want to let go of the old ones until I'm sure the new ones fit. The new ones, meanwhile, are a "Christmas"--that I still haven't finished!
Will let you know.