Forum HomeCA-Modern ForumsGrab Bag Central › Line on Eichler bathroom sinks?

Line on Eichler bathroom sinks?

10 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined: Jul 14 2003

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for the rectangular American Standard bathroom sinks that are in our late 1950's Eichler. American Standard does still make them, but they are a very expensive special order, and we're in need of three of them -- our sinks saw some hard use. Any remodelers out there who hoard old parts? Thanks for your help! Sabina

Offline
Joined: Apr 2 2003

Hi Sabina,

Both Tom and I in our tract have used the Kohler "Tahoe" model of sink to replace the originals. It is a rectangular sink with a matching metal rim you order separately. You can probably bring up the specs on their website (I don't have the exact URL any longer). I ordered mine through Saratoga Plumbing on Lincoln Ave.

Good luck.
Jake

eichfan at rawbw dot com

Offline
Joined: Jan 16 2004

We also went with the Kohler.
Looks great and works well
The $990 for the Amercian Standard
is a Rip Off...

Offline
Joined: Mar 25 2003

I will have a slightly used Tahoe for sale as of tomorrow.

Offline
Joined: Sep 13 2004

I have three original bathroom sinks available, but mine are round stainless steel. Free to good home. Let me know if interested.

Ana :)

Offline
Joined: Jul 14 2003

Thanks for the offer Ana, but we have the original countertop, so we need the rectangular shape that is similar to our original sinks. Interesting that stainless steel sinks were ever a standard feature, though. Sabina

Offline
Joined: Mar 20 2003

Sabina wrote:
Thanks for the offer Ana, but we have the original countertop, so we need the rectangular shape that is similar to our original sinks. Interesting that stainless steel sinks were ever a standard feature, though. Sabina

they are in prison :wink:

I highly doubt any stainless bath sink was ever an original feature for Eichler homes.

the Kohler tahoe with the metal band is a good choice.

Also, consider visiting your local home building product recycling center to find an original for nearly nothing. You can then have it refinished.

Offline
Joined: Sep 13 2004

Well, if not stainless then good grade aluminum..., but I believe they are stainless. Totally original. Our house was completely gutted last year by the previous owner and they left all the fixtures in the garage.

I also have some original closet doors that need a good amount of work. They have been painted and the grasscloth is in bad shape. Since our house was drywalled, we brought back the mahogany by replacing the grasscloth in our closet doors with 1/4" mahogany. The doors look amazing. I just posted pics in the Snapshot Showroom.

Ana :)

Offline
Joined: Mar 30 2010

amendez wrote:
I have three original bathroom sinks available, but mine are round stainless steel. Free to good home. Let me know if interested.

Ana :)
Hi amedez, I'm new to the network. This is a longshot in the dark being as your post was 5 years ago but do you still have all 3 sinks? I just got my eichler and want to replace the 3 worn out white ones I have with stainless.

Offline
Joined: Mar 20 2003

CTIHNTR wrote:
amendez wrote:
I have three original bathroom sinks available, but mine are round stainless steel. Free to good home. Let me know if interested.

Ana :)
Hi amedez, I'm new to the network. This is a longshot in the dark being as your post was 5 years ago but do you still have all 3 sinks? I just got my eichler and want to replace the 3 worn out white ones I have with stainless.

CTIHNTR, if your white ones are just worn, you can have them refinished. it will save you $$$ and look good too. nothing beats original! you yellow pages will probably have several sources for you for refinishing tubs and sinks

Offline
Joined: Oct 27 2010

Bathroom sinks come in all shapes and sizes and in every price range. Buying one can take a lot of your time if you are not prepared. How could you know the right bathroom sink to buy? There are now various styles of bathroom sinks. Porcelain sink, glass sink bowl, wood sink, stainless steel sink, etc. which one is better?.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.