Forum HomeCA-Modern ForumsHome Maintenance Hotline › Thermador stove replacement parts

Thermador stove replacement parts

5 replies [Last post]
Joined: Jun 30 2003

Where can I get replacement parts for an original (1956) Thermador countertop stove? I now have only two burners working. There used to be a place over on San Antonio Rd., near 101, but I was told they closed up.

Joined: Mar 25 2003

The latest newsletter has a story on thermador ovens. The same places have parts for thermador ranges.

Joined: Apr 2 2003

A burner can stop working for at least two (maybe more) reasons:
- a wire has come loose
- the burner itself is kapput

To see if you simply need the wiring fixed, call in a Thermador service person:

Appliance Experts (an authorized Thermador center)
(408) 294-2693
1413 N. 10th Street
San Jose, CA

If it's determined new parts are needed and the service company doesn't have them, you can try calling: an appliance parts dealer. You'll want an idea of the part name.

API-Marcone Appliance Parts
(408) 275-9933
334 Race St
San Jose, CA 95126

In either case, you should probably have the model number handy when you call. On the oven, it's likely on a metal plate on the face of the oven cavity (against which the oven door closes) at the bottom. For the stovetop, if the top is hinged it's likely inside the hinged cavity. If the stovetop is a single unit, try looking underneath (up under your cabinet).

Good luck. Post again if you need more info/suggestions.

eichfan at rawbw dot com

Joined: Nov 4 2003

This is great information Jake. My 1968 Thermador cooktop has a broken on/off temperature pot, don't know the proper name of it. I'll give those people you suggested a call for the part.

Joined: Mar 23 2007

I have two thermador ovens, both have bad control boards. Dealer said that the part has been discontinued. the model is a '96' CT130 and the part number is 368743.

I really don't want to have to buy two new ovens for a '5 dollar part', (which Iknow would actualy cost more)

Is there anyway to get this part


Joined: Dec 10 2006

For the 1968 Thermador Cooktop - while you will probably not be able to get a direct replacement burner switch - I posted a message before this regarding a universal replacement switch - The Robertshaw 5500-202 that should be able to replace virtually ALL of the switches Thermador used in those old cooktops.

It is an infinite type switch - which means that it has a position for low and high - and no stops in between. However - it does not require you to push down on the swicth to engage it.

If you have an old 3, 5, or 7 position switch (Stops at each number) - this will work. If you have an old 3 wire or 3 wire plus ground element - this will work. It will also work with 2 wire elements that already have an infinite type switch.

ALthough I would recommend an appliance service man install it - if you can read a wiring diagram - you could do it yourself. Remember - this is a 220 Volt circuit - and is not something to play around with if you are not sure.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.