Forum HomeCA-Modern ForumsHome Maintenance Hotline › Weldtex, Combed or Striated Plywood

Weldtex, Combed or Striated Plywood

No replies
JNicholsEichlerSiding's picture
Joined: Aug 25 2011

Over the years we have had a number of inquires regarding a very unique plywood that was used in the 1950's onward. It was known by a number of different names: Weldtex, Combed or Striated Plywood.


We think it was manufactured by U.S. Plywood but is no longer available.

We are seriously considering trying to produce this unique plywood, but there are a number of hurdles we must first face. In order to accomplish this we need to know more about this material, how it was used, and your unique application. If you have any information on this type of groovy looking plywood, I'd like to hear from you.  If you are interested in taking a look at a survey on this material  on my Facebook page go to the following link.  Please keep in mind, I am not selling this material I'm trying to gather some info on it. Here's the link


Thanks Jeff

Jeff Nichols Eichler Siding